An applicant for a journeyman electrician license shall:
- Have at least four years of verifiable experience, acceptable to the board, in the electrical trade. Registration as an apprentice electrician for those years shall, on the approval of the board, constitute evidence of such experience. (Please refer to 81-2113 of the Nebraska State Electrical Act for further requirements.)
- One year of work experience credit will be given for completion of a two-year post-high school electrical course with an Associates' degree in electrical technology. One year of work experience credit may be given for qualified electrical experience gained in military service.
- If you use Education or Military credits to qualify to take the Journeyman's exam, it will be a "Restricted" license to Nebraska only and it will not be able to reciprocate with any other state.
- If your verifiable experience is less than 4000 hours in the State of Nebraska then you will have a "Restricted" license and it will not be able to reciprocate with any other state.
Application Fee / $60.00
License Fee - The fee for a license issued in:
- Even-numbered year - $25.00
- Odd-numbered year - $50.00